INTRODUCTION TO THE WOMEN IN PROJECT
The WOMEN IN (Telework for life-work reconciliation in EU: promoting women participation and mobility, ref.2011-1-ES1-LEO05-36491) has been funded by the European Commission, Leonardo da Vinci, Transfer of Innovation Subprogramme. The WOMEN IN project aims at encouraging women participation in labour market by promoting the teleworking option, providing with the essential transversal skills and key competences on teleworking. At the same time, the project aims at promoting the teleworking option at institutional level, as workplace flexibility programme and its potential benefits to the company.
The project is designed to approach two direct target groups: women on the on hand, and managers, human resources directors of the companies, on the other.
Specific objectives, to be reached, can be summarized as follows:
- To extend the concept of teleworking at European level, by carrying out a comparative analysis on flexible workplace and teleworking policies in partner countries and drawing conclusions and recommendations for the actions to be taken, in order to promote women participation in teleworking.
- To develop an auto-diagnostic tool for key competences, necessary for teleworking, as well as, to design a training itinerary of transversal skills for teleworking and contributing to women inclusion into knowledge society .
- To raise awareness on flexible workplace policies and benefits at the institutional/company level.
- To provide the managers and human resources directors with the basic management skills, to prepare them to design and implement the flexible workplace management policies.
- To develop an interactive online environment, based on web 2.0, to be addressed to both target groups. The online environment will stand as a resource center and meeting point, as well as will provide a direct access to the auto – diagnostic tool and designed training itineraries and best practices.